Replacing your roof would cost a lot of money. But who would want to see a discolored, algae-rich roofs? None. It can make your house unsightly. Do you know what else lives on your roof? Replacing your roof would cost a lot of money. But who would want to see a discolored, algae-rich roofs? None. It can make your house unsightly. Do you know what else lives on your roof? Moss. They can shorten the lifespan of your roof.
Nowadays, people are on a tight budget. Prices have been consistently rising up. Even construction materials! But you want your home to become beautiful. So, what is the cheapest solution to it? That’s right, cleaning and maintenance is the cheapest alternative to make your home look good!
Let us look at another side, selling your house would mean that you would have to clean it, right? That is because buyers would want to see everything clean and if they found out that they don’t have to do anything else, besides added decoration, the chance of buying the property would greatly increase.
It is a common household task to clean everything inside as well as outside. However, most people forget to maintain their roof. It may be a heavy and huge task for some, but it is really worth it!
So, how do you clean your roof? Here are some things for you to know.
1. Find out what type of roof you have. You can call your roof manufacturer for some cleaning advice and what chemical solutions to use.
2. Avoid using chlorine bleach solution. It can discolor most roofs and it can kill your plants because you need to wash it off your roof. It can also corrode metal, such as the gutters and downspouts if you did not wash them properly. Always use non-toxic chemical solutions.
3. Brushing your roof is also good but do not use hard brushes and steel brushes. Also, do not brush your roof too hard. Both can remove shingle granules.
4. Pressure washing is not a good choice in cleaning your roof. Especially if it is a shingle-type roof. It can dislodge or even remove your shingles. Therefore, a low pressure washing is the most recommended method of cleaning a roof.
5. If you’re going to clean your roof, you need to wear the following for your safety: gloves, non-skid shoes or boots, and goggles.
As I have said, to most people, this a heavier task to do. So if you are one of them or you do not have time to do the cleaning, call a reliable and professional roof cleaning company. They should inspect your roof first so that they can apply the necessary cleaning method. They can also check your roof if it needs replacing or not.